What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is a process or technique of advertisement of products or services through search engines, social media channels, websites, email and mobile apps. In simple words, any type of marketing that includes promotion of any products or services through digital medium channels is called digital marketing. Digital Marketing enables us to analyze the marketing campaigns to figure out what is working affirmatively and what’s not. The major benefits of digital marketing is that you can reach your targeted audience and it is very cost-effective and measurable comparing to traditional marketing.
Types of Digital Marketing:-
The concept of Digital Marketing is very broad, so let’s have a glance at some of the digital marketing types.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a process of getting organic or free traffic on the website or a blog. There are many difference factors to ranking higher on different search engines with organic SEO efforts, in which creating a quality backlink is the most important component. Some examples of creating backlinks are blog commenting, article writing, press releases, social bookmarking and guest blogs. You should refrain using Black hat SEO techniques since it is against search engine guidelines which may ban your website or blog. Some of the Black hat techniques are keyword stuffing, cloaking, buying links, spam comments, hidden links and text, article spinning etc.
SEO is of two types:
- On-page SEO: In simple words On-page SEO means the actions you take on your website to optimize the individual pages in order to rank higher and get more traffic in search engines. For example, Page Titles, URL Structure, Meta Descriptions, Meta Tags, Keyword Density, Internal Linking, Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.).
- Off-page SEO: Off-page SEO means the step taken outside of the website in order to get traffic and improve its position in search engines rankings. Off-page SEO is all about building Backlinks and Brand Awareness of your website.
Some of the major Off-page SEO are:
- Blog marketing
- Forum marketing
- Search engine submission
- Social bookmarking
- Directory submission
- Social networking sites
- Article submission
- Video marketing
Social Media Marketing (SMM):
Social Media Marketing (SMM) is a way of promoting the products and services through different social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram etc. The major benefits of Social Media Marketing is Brand Awareness, Getting Traffic, Developing Visibility of product, brand and content. The main goal of SMM is to create content that users will share it to their social network, in result, it will give traffic, awareness and engagements.
In simple words, it’s doing marketing using emails. Email Marketing is the best way to reach the users who are interested in your product and services and convert them into the customers. It is an important element of inbound marketing and focuses on targeted relationship building and is very cost-effective and user friendly.
Major benefits of using email marketing
- It gives a high ROI(return on investment).
- Email marketing is very cost-effective.
- It is more effective channel to acquire new customers than any other social media platforms.
- It is very measurable. You can easily get to know that how your email campaign is performing. You can keep a track who opened your email, clicked links and who unsubscribed from your email list.
Content Marketing is a very important part of Digital Marketing. You might have heard the saying “Content is the King”. Content Marketing is a practice of delivering a quality piece of content to your users which will help in generating traffic, leads and sales. Content can be you blog on the website or a video.
While creating content, you should keep your audience in your mind that what keywords they will search for, what they are interested in and how they will become your customers. Content Marketing is not always for sales but for engaging and educating your audience since it is an ongoing practice. If you are delivering quality content, it will boost your SEO since the user will come back to your blog or website if they are looking something to know and will also refer to the other users which will help driving more traffic to your website.
I hope you must have liked this article. Please let me know in comments if you have any query and please do share this article.